Oven-Baked Alaska Salmon Burgers
If you’re looking for a classic salmon burger, search no further – this one is simple and mouthwatering!
- 12 ounces wild Alaska salmon brought to room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup bread or rice crumbs
- ½ lemon
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh dill
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil for brushing the salmon before baking
- Step 1: Bake the salmon Preheat oven to 450F. Blot the salmon dry on all sides with paper towels. Then place the salmon skin-side down on a foil-covered baking sheet (or in an oven-proof, nonstick skillet, such as a cast-iron pan). If the ends of the salmon filets are really thin, just fold them under a bit for even cooking. Brush with oil. Bake until the internal temperature of the salmon reaches 140F, about 4-6 minutes per half-inch of thickness. You can also test for doneness by inserting a fork or knife in the salmon and twisting it a bit; the fish should be opaque and flake easily.
- Step 2: Create salmon burger patties Turn down oven to 400F. Discard salmon skin, flake salmon with forks, remove any bones and place flaked Alaska salmon in a large bowl. Combine all of the salmon burger ingredients and mix well. Form into 6-8 patties. Handle with caution as patties easily fall apart until they are baked.
- Step 3: Bake patties and serve Place your patties on the prepared sheet and spray tops with more cooking spray. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven, flip, and bake for an additional 8 or so minutes. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for no more than 2 days.
- *Fresh salmon is best, but it can be substituted with leftover cooked salmon or 10-12 ounces of well-drained canned salmon. If the mixture is too moist to hold the patty shape, add more bread/rice crumbs.
Recipe courtesy of Elizabeth Yontz of Hello Spoonful From: https://www.alaskaseafood.org/recipe/gluten-free-oven-baked-alaska-salmon-burgers/ Recipe and image courtesy of www.alaskaseafood.org
Click HERE to explore all of your salmon options at Custom Seafoods!