Alaska Crab Cakes
These crispy and quick Alaska crab cakes are the perfect treat to share with friends, make for a snack or serve as an appetizer for anytime from special to everyday occasions.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp Old Bay seasoning
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 lb Alaska king, snow or Dungeness crab meat
- 2 tbsp red bell pepper finely diced
- 2 tbsp celery finely diced
- 2 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- ⅔ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Cooking oil, for pan frying
- Chipotle mayo, Sriracha aioli, or tartar sauce, lemon wedges for serving
- Make the crab cakes:To a mixing bowl, add the mayonnaise, egg, Worcestershire, Djion, lemon zest, Old Bay seasoning, and pepper. Stir to combine. Add the crab, bell pepper, celery, parsley, and panko. Fold together to combine. Using your hands, form the mixture into 8 patties.
- Fry the crab cakes:Coat a skillet with cooking oil and heat over medium-high. When the oil is hot and shimmering, add the patties to the pan. Cook until crispy and browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Plate and serveServe with lemon and dipping sauce of choice. Sprinkle with scallions or chives to serve.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Maya Wilson, author of “Alaska from Scratch.” https://www.alaskaseafood.org/recipe/alaska-crab-cakes/ Recipe and image courtesy of www.alaskaseafood.org
Click HERE to explore all of your crab options at Custom Seafoods!