Banh Mi Alaska Sablefish Sliders
- 1 soft baguette split and cut into 8 (2-inch) pieces
- ¾ pound Alaska sablefish boned, skinned, and cut into 8 (1 ½ ounce) pieces
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- Sriracha or chili paste as desired
- 16 thin slices English cucumber
- 1 fresh jalapeño cut into ¼ inch slices
- 16 sprigs cilantro
- 8 lime wedges
- Alaska Sablefish
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- ½ cup julienned carrot
- ½ cup julienned daikon radish
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- Step 1: Marinate the sablefish Mix soy and fish sauces in a bowl. Add cod and toss to coat. Cover and marinate, refrigerated, for at least 30 minutes or up to 1 hour, turning cod pieces occasionally. Drain before cooking.
- Step 2: Pickle vegetables Mix vinegar, sugar, salt, and chili flakes in a medium bowl. Add carrot, radish, and onion, toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Step 3: Heat sandwich bread Heat baguette pieces in a 400-degree F oven for about 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp.
- Step 4: Cook fish Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add drained sablefish, and cook for about 1 to 1½ minutes on each side or until well cooked through. (It’s important to cook black cod all the way done to ensure tenderness.)
- Step 5: Assemble sandwiches Spread baguette pieces with mayonnaise, and then layer sandwich with cooked sablefish, cucumber, jalapeño, pickled veggies, and cilantro. Squeeze with fresh lime juice before serving. Drizzle with hot sauce if desired.
Click HERE to explore all of your sablefish options at Custom Seafoods!