Wild Alaska Salmon Fajitas
Upgrade your fajita recipe by swapping in wild Alaska salmon.
- 3 lbs wild Alaska salmon 4 to 6 oz. ea.
- 1 cup chili powder prepared
- 16 tbsp olive oil
- 12 ounces red bell pepper julienne
- 12 ounces green bell pepper julienne
- 12 ounces red onion julienne
- 12 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 24 tortillas corn or 8” flour, warm
- 16 ounces pico de gallo prepared
- 16 ounces guacamole prepared
- 8 cups black beans hot
- 8 lime wedges
- 8 tbsp cilantro chopped
- Step 1: Prepare salmon Sprinkle 1 ½ tsp. of chili powder on each side of the Alaska salmon. Hold under refrigeration until needed.
- One Serving: Place 1 portion of seasoned Alaska salmon on hot grill, grill 2-3 minutes, carefully turn, finish cooking.
- Step 2: Prepare fajita vegetables Add 2 Tbsp. olive oil to sauté pan, add 1 Tbsp. chili powder, heat. When pan is hot, add 1 ½ oz. each, red and green bell pepper, red onion and sliced mushrooms. Sauté 3-4 minutes until vegetables are al dente.
- Step 3: Assemble and serve Place vegetables on a serving plate and top with grilled fish. Surround with ramekins filled with 2 oz. each guacamole and pico de gallo, and 3 oz. of black beans. Add 3 tortillas and garnish the plate with a lime wedge and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro. Serve.
From: https://www.alaskaseafood.org/recipe/wild-alaska-salmon-fajitas/ Recipe and image courtesy of www.alaskaseafood.org
Click HERE to explore all of your salmon options at Custom Seafoods!