Chili Lime Alaska King Crab with Jalapeno-Cilantro Butter
- 6 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 small shallot halved
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime
- 4 pounds Alaska King Crab legs thawed or frozen
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 jalapeno seeded and minced
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 tbsp minced cilantro
- 1 tbsp chili lime seasoning such as Tajin
- Lime wedges
- Step 1: Prepare cooking water Combine 5 cups water, garlic, shallot, chili powder and 1 teaspoon salt into a large Dutch oven or stock pot. Halve lime and squeeze juice into water; add lime halves to water. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Prepare king crab If using frozen crab, rinse any ice glaze under cold running water. Add crab legs to pot and simmer covered for 7 to 8 minutes for frozen crab or 4 minutes for thawed crab, or until thoroughly heated. Remove crab from liquid and drain well.
- Step 3: Prepare sauce Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add jalapeno and minced garlic. Cook stirring constantly until very fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 4: To serve Sprinkle crab legs with chili lime seasoning. Serve warm with butter mixture and lime wedges.
Click HERE to explore all of your crab options at Custom Seafoods!